Innovations in agriculture within the continent keeps growing as many business find ways of applying technology to one of the most sustainable sectors in the African economy.
SokoNect is an agribusiness solution that uses mobile technology to link small scale Farmers to the Buyers of Horticultural products, domestic animals as well as agricultural service providers in the within their locality.
SokoNect ensures that rural farmers gain access to a market at the comfort of their farms without relying on middlemen who are connected to markets and end users/buyers and can get the crop to the market where the local farmer cannot, gaining much more than the farmer.
The middle men dictate the prices of the produce, and since the farmer does not have ability to market his produce or access to real time crop prices, he accepts what the middle man offers.
- SokoNect is an award winning mobile Application that emerged category winner in the just concluded Safaricom Appwiz challenge 2013 in the agriculture category.
- We were also privileged to be finalist of Pivot east http://www.pivoteast.com/finalists-2014/society/
- We have been nominated to participate in World Summit Award (www.wsa-mobile.org)
- Our admisssion to Demo Africa 2014 is an achievement in itself. http://www.demo-africa.com/
- Mbuvi Nyamai, Chief Executive Officer, (Founder & Developer), +254727237254, [email protected]
- Dorcas Owino, Product Manager, +254 72902 7734, [email protected]
- Isaac Mutunga, Co-Founder- Farmer, +254725840365, [email protected]
- Ester Monchari, Marketing Officer, +254723405547, [email protected]