Online retailing is growing across Africa. Several startups are making strides in targeting these sectors. One of such startups is mergims. Mergims is currently listing merchants to its site and mobile app to allow diaspora members purchase goods or services online for their loved one in Africa.
A website and a mobile application (IOS now, soon an Android app)
Our business model will bring the cost much lower than the 10% minimum charged by Western Union and its lookalikes . The processes will take 5 minutes instead of 2 hours required in average.
- We have an angel investor with us, Mr Pule from African Angel Network
- We have our IOS mobile App ready
- We made it in top 40 for DEMO Africa 2014
- We are securing partnership with merchants in East Africa that we can not disclose for now
- We have a strong team
- Lot of followers on various social media platforms
|The MERGIMS Team|
MERGIMS (combination of merging markets was started in the summer 2012) is run by the following people:
- Muhire Louis-Antoine, a Canadian University graduate in communications. As the Founder & CIO and in charge of investor relations Muhire has been in Internet business since he was 20 years old. The Rwanda-born entrepreneur left Rwanda after the genocide and has been living in Canada since then.
- Gilbert Niyo Mugabo, COO, who has been to US and Canadian universities graduated in Logistics, a Siupply Chain Specialist with extensive experience in business administration.
- 2 Partners (Mr Rey Lionel, Accountant; Miss Ayesha Akhtar, Legal manager and Executive Marketing)
- Mr Jean Paul Mugizi, Technical Product Manager and IT Consultant
Contact/Social Media/Job Openings
PR : Muhire Louis Antoine ,CIO and Co-founder [email protected]
Website : www.mergims.com
Twitter : @infomergims
Job opening : CEO, Webmaster and CRM with experience and ready to work in East Africa.