The 2015 conference will take place in 3 African cities simultaneously—Accra, Nairobi and Johannesburg.
Next Bank Accra, in collaboration with Barclays Bank, Thomson Reuters, Savannah Fund and Smarter Tree, is set to host Afrikoin 2015 — the most innovative digital money and financial technology gathering in Africa tackling key technical, adoption, research and regulatory issues that innovators in Africa face.
The Afrikoin 2015 conference will take place on Thursday, December 3 at La Palm Royal Beach Hotel in Accra. The Afrikoin event will simultaneously take place in Johannesburg — Alphacode, Rosebank; and Nairobi — iHub. These events will also be live streamed to an audience of about 500,000 people worldwide via Thomson Reuters.
The Afrikoin event was launched in 2013 in Nairobi with a successful gathering of industry players in digital money, remittances and ecommerce. This year’s event is focused on key technical, adoption, research and regulatory issues faced by innovators in Africa. The topics to be discussed include:
- Regulation as enablers of innovation
- Alternative Banking Models
- Payments, Prepaid Economy and Agriculture Finance
The conference aims to bring together fintech focused investors, financial institutions, service providers in the fintech space, and innovators including startups and corporates in the financial services space.
Global speakers, panelists and moderators include:
- Dr Willam Derban, Director of Inclusive Banking & CSR, Fidelity
- Mr Arnold Parker, Managing Director, African Finance Business Ghana
- Mr Alex Adjei Bram, Chief Executive Officer, SMS GH
- Ms Adjoa Asamoah, General Secretary (Accra Chapter), Information
Systems Audit and Control Associate
- Mr Kobus Ehlers, Co-founder at Snapscan
- Mr Dov Girnum, Founder and CEO at Merchant Capital
- Mr Eran Feinstein, Managing Director, 3G Direct Pay
- Mr Justus Kimasyu, Senior Sales and Marketing Manager, Belfrics
- Ms Shivani Siroya, Chief Executive Officer, InVenture
The full list is still being updated and can be viewed on the website. Tickets are available here.