Apply for MESTGhana’s fully sponsored 1year training program in software development & business development to launch a globally competitive IT company!
MEST is looking for the next wave of tech entrepreneurs — could it be you, or do you know someone who qualifies? We are now accepting entrepreneur applications from Ghana, Nigeria & Kenya.
We have trained over 200 IT entrepreneurs and have invested over $15m in supporting software startups that came directly out of MEST. These companies have developed solutions addressing global markets, created jobs, competed in top global technology events such as TechCrunch Disrupt, DEMO, and the Launch Festival, and have gained admittance to top accelerator programs such as HealthXL and 500 Startups.
What MEST offers
MEST offers a 12month fully sponsored program focused on market oriented software development and practical entrepreneurship training at our Accra based campus. Once you gain admittance into the MEST program, you receive:
- A 12 month fully sponsored world class training program and access to seed funding for your startup
- Substantial hands on training in software development and entrepreneurship
- A unique opportunity to launch and grow your tech company with access to global markets
- Mentoring and coaching from executives in a variety of global software companies
- Significant personal and professional growth and exciting career potential
- Numerous chances to solve real life business problems with innovative solutions
- Housing, monthly stipend, tuition and meals all covered by MEST.
- Round trip tickets to & from Ghana for Nigerian & Kenyan trainees
- Applicants must have a deep passion to start a software company
- Have 3-5 years entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
- Can commit a year in Accra, Ghana participating in the MEST training program starting September 2016
- Applicants must have a degree in ANY field from a Ghanaian, Nigerian or Kenyan University or technical College
- A completely-filled online questionnaire
- Candidate video pitch (2-3min long video on why you want to be at MEST)
- 2 Recommendation letters from a previous employer, manager or supervisor.
- Business plan (please see guidelines here)
- Applicants from Nigeria must have completed their NYSC
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit an online application form here: http://meltwater.org/school/admissions/
For any admissions related inquiry, please contact Amma Baffoe via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya 31st March 2016.