Facebook Developer Circles Accra was launched on 30th September at Meltwater Incubator. As part of the mission of Developer Circles Accra of bringing together developers, designers and tech enthusiasts, we have programs meant to help build the tech ecosystem in Ghana.
Facebook, the mother of the initiative is supporting its communities of developers to use Facebook products and services to build impactful solutions and win up to $20,000 USD. Kicking off on Saturday, 28th October 2017 at Meltwater incubator at 9AM, there are exciting sessions that are coming up.
Then the hack begins for developers to build products and services for these categories:
- Improve your craft — helps developers code and improve their skills
- Get it done — makes work easier or more productive for developers
- Community — helps developers connect
Fellow Developers out there, it is not too late to enter into this challenge.
How to Enter:
- Register for the challenge at developercircles.devpost.com.
- Join Developer Circles Accra Facebook group to find a teammate and collaborate with developers.
- Check out the Facebook tools you can build with on the Resources tab.
- Shoot your two-minute demo video and take screenshots of your functioning app.
- Submit your application on developercircles.devpost.com by November 20, 2017 at 5:00 PM ET.
For newbies looking to learn frameworks, especially React, the Developer Circles group on Facebook will be a good start to get you in the game. If you’re participating on Saturday, all the best!