What are Sustainable Development Goals?
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) (or Global Goals for Sustainable Development) are a collection of 17 global goals set by the United Nations in 2015. The formal name for the SDGs is: “Transforming our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.” That has been shortened to “2030 Agenda. “The goals are broad and interdependent, yet each has a separate list of targets to achieve. The SDGs cover social and economic development issues including poverty, hunger, health, education, global warming, gender equality, water, sanitation, energy, urbanization, environment and social justice.
About the SDGs Game App
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs Game) App was designed to enable people who have found reading long articles to have fun and learn at the same time.
The App includes an SDG Game & Quiz that enables all people to easily learn about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals – SDGs, invokes the importance of doing everything possible to achieve them and enables users to suggest solutions to achieve them.
As stated earlier, The SDGs are the targets of the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals are all featured in the comprehensive game, enabling users to obtain a full education on the SDGs while having fun playing the game and taking the quiz. There’s a lot to it.
- Play the Game to have fun & learn.
- Play the Quiz to test yourself.
- Share to create SDG Awareness.
- Engage virtual gold coins to collect cool and superpower avatars. Win SDG Hearts with correct Quiz answers to win extra lives.
- Learn SDG Facts & Goals that appear after a game to succeed with SDG Quiz. Play SDG Quiz when you are ready.
- SDG Game players can suggest solutions to SDG challenges and when they do so, will receive an account in SDG.WORLD, the global network for the SDGs where members can share ideas and co-create solutions for achieving the SDGs.
The SDGs are:
- Goal 1: No Poverty
- Goal 2: Zero Hunger
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being for People
- Goal 4: Quality Education
- Goal 5: Gender Equality
- Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Goal 9: Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- Goal 10: Reducing Inequalities
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- Goal 13: Climate Action
- Goal 14: Life Below Water
- Goal 15: Life on Land
- Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals
So that’s it, I suggest that you download the game and start learning all about the SDGs, and let’s make the world a better place, through this simple, fun-filled game.