The Founder Institute (www.fi.co), the world’s largest pre-seed accelerator and headquartered in Silicon Valley, announced today that it has opened applications for its Accra 2020 program. Any aspiring entrepreneur or team interested in building a company with some of Ghana’s top startup mentors are invited to apply to the Accra 2020 Founder Institute at http://fi.co/apply/accra, or attend a free startup event hosted by the Accra Founder Institute: http://fi.co/events/accra.
For aspiring and early-stage entrepreneurs up to the challenge, the Founder Institute’s step-by-step program provides the structure, mentor support, and global network of entrepreneurs needed to start an enduring company. The Founder Institute is the only program of its kind that focuses on people versus ideas, accepts founders with day jobs, and shares equity with all participants. Founder Institute Graduate companies include fast-rising startups across 6 continents like Udemy, Realty Mogul, Travelcar, goplaceit, Appota, and many more.
In addition, the Accra 2020 program will include the Founder Institute’s newest company-building curriculum suitable to address the needs of advanced founders (MVP stage) as well as aspiring new entrepreneurs at the idea-stage – a project just released in 2019 in collaboration with hundreds of startup leaders across the globe. The Accra Chapter will be led by local startup leaders Simon Turner (currently featuring as a Judge on TVs McDan Entrepreneurship Challenge, Consultant for the African Health Innovation Centre, soon to be launching a groundbreaking startup, and is the former Executive Director in Ghana of The Challenges Group, an international development consultancy), Edison Gbenga Ade (Tech Evangelist and Serial Entrepreneur, with Codewit, BLOOP and Agripro), Kafui Doris Anson-Yevu (Co-Lead of Google Developer Group Accra, Founder and Product Lead for Kraado & former Program Director at Impact Hub Accra), and Oludele Sonekan (a founding member of Impact Investing Ghana and Director of Investments, Growth Mosaic).
Mentors who have expressed interest in helping Accra Founder Institute participants include:
- Alex Bram: CEO, Hubtel
- Akua Nyame Mensah: Certified Executive Coach, A.N.M & Company
- Andrew Takyi Appiah: Managing Director, Zeepay
- Chiamaka Nwosu: CEO, Truckrtech
- Dave Emnett: Co-Founder, Ozé
- Desmond Koney: CEO, Complete Farmer
- Emily Sheldon: CEO, African Health Innovation Centre
- Emmanuel Noah: CEO, Quail Masters Ltd.
- Emmanuel Gamor: Founder, Urithi Labs
- Fiifi Baidoo: CEO, Cloud Port Limited
- Foster Awintiti Akugri: Incubator Manager, Stanbic Business Incubator
- Frank Amankwah: CEO, Hawkman Labs
- Gabriel Ankamafio: CEO, Homechow App
- Jessica Poku: Country Manager, UBER GHANA
- Jorge Appiah: CEO, Kumasi Hive
- Josiah Kwesi Eyison: CEO, iSpace Foundation
- Kabiru Seidu: Founder, NubianVR
- Kamal-Deen Yakub: Founder, Farmable & TroTro Tractor
- Kamil Nabong: CEO, Hub and Fund
- Kelvin Tyron: CEO, Nvoicia
- Korieh Duodu: Principal, Egality Law
- Lady Omega Hammond: CEO, Ampersand Technologies Ltd
- Meghan Mc Cormick: CEO, Dare to Innovate/Ozé
- Michael Ocansey: Co-Founder & CTO, AgroCenta Holdings Ltd
- Michael Newlove Mensah: CEO, Cerebu/Utterwave
- Miishe Addy: CEO, Jetstream
- Mohit Premanik: Management Partner, The Aspen Institute
- Nana Osei: Co-Founder, Bôhten Eyewear
- Nana Opoku W. O. Agyeman Prempeh: Director, Fusion Point
- Nehemiah Attigah: CEO, Hatua Solutions
- Regina Honu: CEO, Soronko Academy
- Richard Amuzu: CEO, SDNGROUP GHANA LIMITED
- Sakhile Xulu: CEO, Innovation Youth Ambassador, Dot Connector, World Summit Awards, Qisimah
- Samuel Sowah: CEO, Bace Group
- Senam Kofi: Creative Consultant, Senam Design
- Stephanie Ansah: Founder, The M1720 Group Limited
- Tony Marfo: CEO, Anitrack
- Will Senyo: CEO, Impact Hub Accra
- Yao Baku Frimpong: CEO, Pennysmart
- Yaw Amoateng: Director/Business Head, NewEdge Infotech Gh Ltd.
Any entrepreneur who is interested can apply to the Accra Founder Institute at fi.co/apply/accra. Anyone who applies by the Early Application Deadline (15 Dec 2019) is eligible for a variety of scholarships – including the Female Founder Fellowship, which is offered to the best overall female applicant. Learn more about the Founder Institute at fi.co.